Monday, January 9, 2012

Well the day came!

Dear Family and Friends, 9-19-11

Well as soon as you gave me a nickname, OAE(one area elder), I left. We had an emergency transfer this week and I left my sweet paradise of a area to the complete opposite. The area is small we have a huge stake center in front of my house, we have wonderful leaders, but they haven`t had a baptism since April. But don`t worry we will flip that around and if we don`t have success in the numbers our diligence will be success we have been working hard this last couple days. We had the change Friday but I also had a baptism in my other area so we got to go back sat., and I got to baptism him. It was a wonderful experience and wonderful for him and his mom that I could say goodbye. It was pretty fun Andres, who I baptized, is 19 but his mom as well is one of my converts and we had wonderful experiences together with both of them so when I had to leave I gave Andres a big hug and she also came run up for a hug and it was just so sad I had to stop her and say, "I’m sorry! I can`t hug you but you are the best" and it was a little funny as well but I had to stop her. But as for now I`m loving this new area! its called ALBORADA!

Oh and yesterday we had a great experience we had a stake conference it was for satellite and we thought some general authority would come down to Peru and be in one of the churches and we would see them in our church through cameras. Well it was direct from salt lake, and guess who talked!?! Well Pres. Gonzales from the presidency of the 70 but it gets better, after Sister Beck Talked and that was just great! but don`t worry it gets even better, then President Christofferson talked and that was just WONDERFUL: But that’s not even the best, President Monson himself talked to us yesterday. just to us in Peru!!! it was WONDERFUL!! I do have all the things that I love about everyone ready but I now just ran out of time to write because I had a lot of things to write the pres. sorry first responsibility is him. Oh and it’s wonderful for a couple weeks I have a break from District leader. But they told me again at the beginning of the next I would b district leader again, I told them if they wanted to choose someone else that would be just perfectly fine. :-)

Love you and I thank you for all your support and thoughts, I have a lot of thoughts I`ve been writing down that I would just love to share with you all! But have a great week!

Elder Corbett,

p.s. May the spirit be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment