Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Freaking New Years!

Dear Family and Friends, 1-2-11

So this was a week just like all the rest, working hard, actually really hard and having success. Then New Years came and everything went crazy! lol well my companion has an emergency transfer! We were told about it yesterday, and today I`m going to get another companion. Why do I never transfer during normal transfers? The last 3 times I changed companions was during an emergency transfer. Is not super fun but that’s the mission for yah! I just wonder what my companion that I`m going to have did to get put with me. lol If it’s not your fault that they had an emergency transfer its theirs. Anyway so today I`ll go get my new companion, I heard his name is Elder Tejeda from Guatemala, Yes another Guatemalan! It will be interesting, let’s see how this week goes and I’ll let you all know next week if I`ve killed him or not. lol actually I’ve never had a fight with a companion....yet. lol
But anyway back to the area, We are having some success, we have a baptism this weekend of a young boy whose in the records of the church but his 9th birthday is this Friday so after Friday he`s ours! Also we had 4 investigators attend church and I think that’s pretty good for right after new year’s eve. But yesterday I saw something really nasty, because everyone was drunk there was a fight in the street and we saw everything, it was really nasty so after the mission I`ll give you details on that one unless you want to know. We were contacting too and it started just a couple houses from where we were. Something that I had never seen before so it was a first for me and it made me think of the kind of life I’ve had, very innocent and calm. I love my Life and living the gospel of Jesus Christ. It’s really is a protection. no kidding! I do miss relaxing for the Holidays, I feel like they went by so fast I don`t even understand what happened.
Well I think this year I`m going to really be working on the Christ like Attributes this year, I think in 2011 I worked on how to be a useful and productive missionary but I think now I’m lacking in a couple areas that I could work on!
Well Happy New Years a Todos! I hope 2012 is a good one, it might be the last! ;-)

con mucho amor,
Elder Carson Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment