Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Still no one wants to come to church

Dear Family and friends, 11-7-11

Well I´m getting a little late to this email but this week has been good, we`ve been teaching like monsters but it’s just we haven`t been seeing any fruits of our labors. It’s kind of annoying. I am super happy we are (hopefully) going to have a baptism this week with that mom of a missionary who is out in the field from the ward. We got to go to the temple last Tuesday but because it was a holiday here a bunch of people from all over Peru came and we couldn`t get into any session. That's ok we bought some stuff and we are going to go back super early tomorrow to do a session, I`m excited I can`t wait to just feel the spirit of the temple again. We only had one person attend church yesterday and we had like 8 that said they would. We even pasted by many of their houses in the morning and just couldn`t go for weird reasons. We`ll keep going with faith and hope to see some success soon.

My thought for the week is this. Yesterday in Elder Quorum class we were learning about death and the spirit world. And it was really interesting some of the things I learned. We all learned that the people who didn`t have the gospel in this life will have the chance to hear it in the life to come but I didn`t understand how hard it might be for someone to really change in that life. Elder Benson, I think it was, said we can progress more with our physical bodies in 75 years then we can in 1000 years in the life to come. I made me think of really what great importance it is to do things right now than after because after we just can`t progress the same. Then the thought came to my mind. In these 2 years that I have to serve I can change more people’s lives and help them now then I probably could serve 100 years in the spirit world. It’s just crazy to think about how important this life is! Something to think about! I`ve been learning a ton and working a TON with my ward members, we are doing a training this Thursday for the members and how they can better help in the missionary work.

Love you all,

Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment