Monday, January 16, 2012

Getting back on our feet!

Dear Family and friends(that don`t love me enough to write me), 10-31-11

No just kidding I know you are all busy and probably have more important things to do and it just slipped your mind. But I`m sure you all love me, right?! RIGHT?! lol well this week was a lot better than the last, we are still having some challenges with some people but of course it wouldn`t be missionary work if it wasn`t challenging. I think the mental part of this work is probably the hardest part. being able to first endure doing the same things for so long with such a great determination. Second, trying to figure out how to solution problems that I have never faced before or heard of in my life with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know ever problem can be helped by living the gospel of Jesus Christ but sometimes it’s hard for the people to understand the blessing and even for us as missionaries to help them see the blessings of the Gospel.

Anyways we struck back after a hard week with 2 new people that accepted a baptismal date for the 12th of November. One is brand new in learning about the church and a cousin to some members and the other is a eternal investigator who finally prayed and decided its time to be baptized. We also found a HUGE family this last week and taught them for the second time, we know only 8 of the many members that live in this house but this next week they said they want to come to church. so we are making progress with them, the funny thing is when we were contacting them, we asked if they knew anything about the Mormons and they said that we are atheist and so we laughed and explained and testified of Jesus Christ. They are really cool. so that’s a little of the progress we are having right now but its hard in this little area, is pretty small. For example if you want to think of the size it’s about 3 or 4 times bigger than our ward in Arizona. It’s small to contact and try to look for new people when almost every house has been talked to several times but we have a great ward, leaders, and bishop!

Well I wrote down a couple of things so I didn`t forget to tell you guys like this week you can look on the news there was a earthquake in a part of Peru called, "Ica". Look it up and I think it was like a 6.7 or something well I felt that here where I am in Lima. It went on for about 30 mins. and me and my companion were in our room getting ready to leave after lunch and the decks in our study started moving. its was pretty cool but for us it wasn`t that strong. As well this week I decided I really miss rain. SO SO MUCH!! The first thing I`m going to do when I come home and there is a rain storm is go play in it and get SOAKED. Did you have rain in your mission Logan? We get nothing here. It’s so sad. :-( and the sky is always ugly after the earthquake the sky for a little time was actually pretty but because of the earthquake it changed a little. Send me rain if you can! Oh as well I did my first water painting for years. I haven`t painted for a long long time but my companion likes to paint so one morning during language study lol we painted. I painted the sea and some mountains, the beach and the sky(which is horrible.) the sky is horrible because its where I started and didn`t have the hang of painted just yet. but I also did a picture of the D.C. Temple. it looks pretty cool I`ll send you pictures next week. I don`t have any right now because I forgot my USB but that was a little fun and relieved some stress that I had. I didn`t know I had a cool desire or talent to paint. I know my painting were bad but I like doing it.

Well for this week I think that’s just about it. The President visited our district meeting and we had interviews with him and that was cool. As well tomorrow we get to go to the temple which I`m so dang excited for! Maybe we`ll get to eat something real for lunch. LOL we ate guinea pig again this week and it was pretty good, it was my third time now. Well that’s about all, I hope everything is going well for you all and I love you all and take care.

Love from Perù,

Elder Corbett!!

No comments:

Post a Comment