Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Refiners Fire!

Dear Family and Friends, 10-24-11

First don`t feel bad for me, feels like that come and go. To let you all know I`m ok I hardly thought about you this week, LOL. No I love you all and thank you for your concern! This week has been one that has made me grow greatly. I know I`m in my mission and I think I`m understanding more of the spirit of the mission. I`ve become more dedicated, more willing to except the plan of God, and more sensitive to the spirit. Let you tell you all a little about my week. It started off very promising, 2 baptisms Saturday and another that accepted a baptismal date for Nov. and by the end of the week and the numbers I just gave to pres. we have had no baptisms and no baptism dates. You may ask, what happened? I want to state what Elder Holland has stated, we are at war and Satan is real. on the day of the interviews we went looking for these two youth and one left to go visit his family because he had to do some papers and didn`t come back until sun. and he was a little worried about his family and less about baptism. The other didn`t come to his interview and we could find him anywhere. we looked for him and called him and didn`t find him, we did go to his house at 8 at night and found him and he said he wasn`t ready and wanted to fill more ready, he said he would continue to come to church and we haven`t seen him sense, Friday. We had another family that after many weeks working with them they finally decided they would come to church because they wanted to know more about the church and when we went there house to take them to church they said they had talked to a friend and there friend said that because they had gone to their church they now can`t investigate more church or it would be like you were lying to god or something like and losing your faith. They don`t want us to come back.

This may sound like bad story after bad story but now you get to hear my testimony! I know that this church is true, my faith has grown and I will stand alone testifying of this church as long as I live if needed. This week I have learned another level of dedication to the Lord, not just in action but in thoughts and more importantly in Heart! The commandments are so amazing to have, WHAT A BLESSING!! Everyone asks, how can I live a happy and healthy life? Well God has right in front of us the answer and people don`t understand, but I do now. This month in my district we have been focusing on how to help people attend church. "The revelation, thought attending church." and it made me think why did I attend church? and why do my investigators want to attend church? How my testimony has grown from that question. Ask yourself Why am I part of this Church, is it for my parents, my family, or is it because you love too? Think about it! I feel this week I was past through a refiners fire and it changed my dedication to the Lord. Sometime I feel, man I really need a P-day or a break or something to pull me out of this. But the secret to missionary work is WORK. And for almost the last year I have dedicated my life to him. I have 0 worries about myself, I cook, I don`t do laundry, and I don`t even make my own bed....haha just kidding I thought that make moms eyebrows raise a little. I make my own bed and everyday ;-). But I have every day to wake up and worry about one thing, studying, learning, and preaching the gospel so that people can really be saved in the kingdom of God. It may sound simple and it is, we complicate it! I want to follow the example of Jacob and his brother in Jacob 1:19. I can`t change the choices of the people I teach but I can testify without doubt that there is no other way to reach the purity except through his blood, our eternal savior.

I love you all and thank you for your support and love, know that your son, brother, uncle, grandson, and friend is doing well. All is well, all is well, Harra for Israel.

Love,

Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment