Thursday, January 26, 2012

It's hot here!

Dear Fans and Fanatics, 1-9-12

This week has been actually really good! I like the nickname mom for my companion. ET Elder, But Elder Tejeda is really cool, I really don´t know why he had so many emergency transfers but I guess he didn´t get along with his other companions. His last companion, Elder Us, is like my best friend and he said they didn`t get along. I don`t know what happened but that ok. He came here and I haven´t seen any problem in fact we are working super hard. This week we almost meet all the normas de excelencia(normals of Excelence). We had 14 lessons with member and 10 others. We as well are challenging everyone to baptism first lesson first moment we have to invite them to be baptized. So the work here is progressing, we have 2 people that came to church that I was just so happy! I haven´t been this happy in a long time for someone to come to church, since my first weeks in the mission. They are wonderful and I think next week we can help them take a little swim in the font! I love missionary work, but it’s SO FREAKING HOT! I just sweat where ever I go.
We had stake conference this week and it was really really good. Pres. Dorius came (my pres.) and as well a member for the presidency of the temple, and then the stake president spoke. It was super good, Pres. Dorius talked about being a disciple of Jesus Christ and what that means and then the stake president talked about why the home needs to be the place of learning the Gospel principles. It was really good! We are missionaries as well got to sing as a choir and I had a solo, can you believe that, only in Peru huh? Elder Banks and I had a solo and then we did a little harmony part together. It was really cool and special for me. When the president got up to speak he said he never hears the missionaries sing that good for mission meetings. My president is so funny and awesome.
Well that’s what’s happened this week, we´ll keep in touch and hope everything is going good for all of you!
love,
Elder Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment