Friday, January 20, 2012

Thanksgiving!

Dear Family and Friends, 11-28-11

To be honest Thursday not until like 10 o´clock in the morning did I remember it was Thanksgiving. But that day was a lot of fun! I got really excited to work when I remembered that and just energized. That’s crazy that time goes so quick. But as well I don`t feel time is flying by just yet. Maybe wait till its 2012 and I`ll start filling how quick this is all really going. So We had a baptism this week again, we are happy, this boy has been waiting to be baptized for about a 1 and finally his parents understood how the church was helping their son. He was happy and content on Sunday and even came to church with a white shirt and tie. (I had never seen him in that before) but he was happy! I love blessing lives. For Thanksgiving Day we didn`t do anything we just worked hard but for this Thanksgiving week I did do a couple videos I`ll send you.

To let you know I don`t know what else I need or want, you know I`m happy with whatever I get for Christmas mom or if I get anything at all. I still haven’t seen that little package you sent I don`t know what happened to it but we will keep watching for it. For my one year I did burn something I burned a shirt that was pretty dirty and wrote on it some the information of my mission: 1 year, 2 areas, 4 companions, 20 baptisms and then it went up into smoke. It’s a fun experience to be here in Peru. You know the other day I was looking around at the houses and just realizing that it’s going to so crazy when I come back. If I saw a house in the USA that looked like one of these houses I would think, what a bad house, but here it’s normal. I think I’m going to have a culture shock when I get back for how different it is. I have only seen one room in my entire time here with carpets and that is in the nursery in the stake center. It’s just amazing but I love it and love the people.

We are looking at a couple baptisms for this sat. I hope everything goes well and they keep their commitments, but we will see how it goes.

To be honest with you guys I always come to internet and after like an hour I have to go to the bathroom so I can`t think at all but I think I told you all everything I wanted to. I hope you all have a great week and really remember the wonderful things your thankful for!

Love,

Elder Corbett

p.s. I`ll send you a letter the following week about some really cool experiences that I`ve been having Bishop Padilla! I know God answers prayers!

I`ll be on at like 5 o`clock next week so a little later!!

Just as a little side note I going to start doing some short videos and tell you guys how I`m doing. I did some yesterday but because I didn`t start unloading them at the beginning of my time they weren`t done uploading for today. So next week it will be the first thing i do!

No comments:

Post a Comment