Saturday, January 28, 2012

We can be angels of God

Dear family, 1-22-12

This has been a wonderful week for me. I love weeks like this one, me and my companion worked hard. We had a bunch of success during the week and taught a lot of new investigators but I always get a little frustrated when we have a list of 10 or 12 people that promise to come to church and only 5 come. I know 5 came but I want the rest to feel the power of going to church. I´m getting along well with my companion and we are getting things done well.

I had a really wonderful experience this week with a family we got to know. The family´s name is L, a member showed us her house and the mom is living there with her 2 children and her ex-husband lives in another part of lima. but just about a month ago she was walking with her newborn (now in only 1 1/2 months) in a stroller and a car hit the stroller. The baby is doing better but they have been going through a hard time right now in their lives. When we went to their home I felt a very special spirit within those walls. We talked to them of faith and prayer and how this gospel can change there lives. Her only son David who is 11 listened very attentively. We asked the mom how the baby was and she explained everything thing and then I felt and needed to ask the mom how she was doing, and then I asked little David. With tears in his eyes he expressed his concern and love that he has for his little brother and as well his whole family. He brought tears to my eyes and all I knew I could tell this family is that God loves them. We then gave the little baby a blessing of health and the mom and David a blessing of comfort. At the end we asked if David could give the last prayer and he gave a beautiful prayer and in his pray he said, "thank you for these 2 men that have come to our home, in my eyes they are angels sent from thee." My eyes once again filled with tears. I have reflected on that visit since Saturday and his prayer. We can be angels of God, answers to prayers, and blessings from heaven to other people as we follow and live the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. Keep pressing forward with a firm faith and a firm conviction of Jesus Christ that there is a better future for all men, share it for it is why we are here. We are not here for the temporal things we are here for all the spiritual things!

Love you all and god bless those that help the people around them, I as well had a wonderful experience about helping someone that needed help last Monday. But we really are in the service of our god!

Love,

Elder Corbett

This blog is current now, yeah!!! Next Monday will be letter sent that day. Yeah I hope to never get that far behind again, so cheers to hoping it will continue to happen. I cried through this letter. He is such a sensitive guy. We love our Missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment