Thursday, January 19, 2012

We broke the Curse

Dear Family and Friends, 11-21-11

Well this week went by super fast!! We had a crazy week and wonderful with some hard times. But it ended pretty well. We finally had a baptism!!!! We are so happy and we are looking at a few for this weekend hopefully as well. A youth that is 14 years old but his is a little mentally retarded, his mind is about a 10 or 11 but he understood everything and after the baptism I asked him how he felt and he said, "it’s the start of a new life" and felt very relieved. He`s excited and loves all the activities. I got to baptize him and after the baptism I was so happy and sent him out to change and took a little swim myself, I laid back in the water and just soaked myself as well, it felt wonderful!!! I Can`t wait to swim again. We broke the curse from April, now we are going baptize like crazy! lol

Other things this week we had 7 people at church Sunday and so we are happy about that as well, a lot of them can really progress and I think in the next couple weeks be baptized. We have two youth boys who live just about on the limit of our area, farthest part away and just love what we are teaching, José and Manuel. José is 11 and Manuel 8 and really love the church, José read all about Joseph Smith and understood it all and we think this week we are going to try and get permission from their parents if they can be baptized. We also are working with some parents of a couple members who aren`t members, we still haven`t been able to sit down and teach them but they live right in front of our house. The mom has come to church 3 times as well, but we have a FHE planned tonight with them and as well another family. Its wonderful!

I also have had a couple training sessions this week and has goon well. All the leaders of the mission came and got a cool training. It was Thursday on my one year mark and our entire group of Americans was there for the meeting. There is a group of 6 of us from the MTC that left together that are in this mission and some of them I hadn`t seen since the start of the mission in the field. But we were all there and took some pictures. It was a blast! Also we got to eat Papa John’s Pizza! SO GOOD!! I miss pizza. But anyway transfers were fun I have a new district now, I think I`m going to be un eternal district leader for my whole mission but I like it but right now my district needs to step it up and get working. We all had a baptism this week, all 3 companionships but the other numbers of my district were pretty bad so I`m working on some plans to really help them out. It’s interesting there is a part in my Patriarchal Blessing that talks about my having responsibility in my mission and I`ll have the strength to not only support myself during the mission but also those who I`m in charge of. I know Heavenly Father is helping me I`m really trying my best and sometimes times get hard. Those who the Lord calls he qualifies but only if they are willing to mold their lives into what the Lord wants of them!

That’s just about all I have a funny story to tell you all and I was so frustrated yesterday for a long part of the day, it wasn`t how I should have been but I don`t think I`ve ever been frustrated in my mission like I was yesterday. so right after lunch we went up to our rooms and I don`t if I`ve told you guys they of this 3 story house all are members, a family with to boys live above us and our pension lives beneath but it was about 12:50 and so we had about 10 mins. to just relax before we went and picked all our investigators’ for church which started at 2. well usually we try to do splits to help us out and the two boys that live above us usually do that. So we were talking to the youngest who’s name is Piero and he said yea just a min and when he came down his mom said he needed to eat lunch real quick before and he didn`t want to but we said he needed to and he left our room frustrated and closed the door and the key was in the door and he locked us in our room! I thought oh yea when he`s done he`ll come and open it again well he never came back and he had the keys! WE WERE LOCKED IN OUR ROOM!! He left to go prepare the Sacrament and didn`t open the door. I was so mad for a little bit and we didn`t get out till like 1:40 or 1:45. And we had investigators’ to pick up. We were pretty frustrated with this kid. But we have since tried to let it pass. Now thinking about it, it is funny, but at the same time it’s not at all. LOL but maybe it will give you all a laugh that I was stuck in my room like Cinderella because of a freaking member.

Well that’s pretty much all my week; I love you all and thank you for your support and love! I pray for all you guys as well!

Love,

Elder Corbett

p.s. Mom what ever happened to the results of this FHE of Love (lol) when everyone received something they loved about the other? or am I just not loved jk. and also if you could sent more of these pens it would be the best! Love you all! Have a wonderful
Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment