Wednesday, January 11, 2012

We are at war!!!

Dear Family and Friends, 10-3-11

:-( I feel like Christmas just ended! Its like all the talks at conference are presents from God and just like Christmas you never want to stop unwrapping them. but now that they are unwrapped I need to play with my toys. I need to read the instructions ponder and put together the plan of how to use the talks in my mission right now. But wow that spirit from those talks was SO strong. I don`t think there has ever been a greater conference. Some of the themes I pulled out were Worthiness, Missionary work, and Charity/Service. I absolutely loved the talk from Elder Holland, We are at a true war, I left the conference with a new spirit yesterday and not just wanting to talk to everyone but testify of our lord and savoir Jesus Christ and His restoration in these latter-days. I learned a lot of Person Revelation this week, I want to share my thoughts on one scripture that last night came to my mind and understood it more fully. "Ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened." (something like that) before I understood this scripture as they all seemed the same things just said in different ways and I pulled it a part a little more. Ask-Prayer we first must pray in humility knowing we can`t do it ourselves and we will receive. But sometimes we ask and where the answer, we must seek for it! Search and ponder and study the things we are looking for and at the end, knock. after we have made or found an answer we must follow it knowing it is from God! I never understood that scripture in that way but I wanted to share that spiritual thought with you all.

As for the area, its wonderful we contacted a new 18 year old this week and he is awesome, He listened to us 3 days in a row because he wanted to and then came to one session of the conference sat. He also is already preparing for a baptism for this 22 of Oct. He is someone that is prepared and I think we can also teach his family. We also have another young man that is living with his aunt and cousin but started come to church with them and wants this to be a greater part of his life. He accepted to be baptized this sat. Last week we went to 3 sessions of conference. My companion said he saw tears in his eyes when the Prophet spoke Sunday morning and wanted to come back in the afternoon. I love the progress we are making. The man that was supposed to get baptized yesterday had some problems with his family sat. he`s is a very sensitive situation and so we know baptism will help him and he wants it but he is in the middle of a situation right now that we really need to help him with and I think if someone like the bishop or someone that has more experience could really help him out.

It’s wonderful to be part of the Army of God and I`m proud to a be worthy missionary! I will strive to always have the spirit with me, I feel like as you go through your mission you keep giving a high level of dedication and my dedication continues to grow. I love you all and I like you so much Grandma and Grandpa for serving a mission, "In this family we serve Missions!" I love you all and have a wonderful week in NYC.

Love you all,

Elder Corbett

p.s. I don`t want to come home is that ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment